How well are you using LinkedIn as a social networking tool? With Social Media now playing a part in your personal as well as business branding it is important to use your social networking platforms effectively. That includes driving traffic to your blog, website or landing page. While most know that social networking platforms like Linked In can drive traffic they don’t always set them up to make the most of them. Here are 13 tips for driving more traffic with Linked In.
1. Always check the Expertise Requests option in your profile.
2. Complete your profile as thoroughly as possible, and include interests, a recent photo, and business information.
3. Connect with as many business associates as you can – they will help you to network with like minded individuals and companies.
4. Ask questions.
5. Answer questions. Answering thoroughly, expertly and frequently will help you gain other users’ confidence.
6. Check your home page on LinkedIn often. It often contains industry updates, news, and postings from other members.
7. Be sure to explain your work experience in as much detail as possible. Don’t just list employers or experience, expand upon it by showing others’ what you’ve done in detail and the results you achieved.
8. Comment in the discussion forums as much as you can so your profile gets noticed.
9. Update your status with useful content and information as much as possible. You can now incorporate Twitter statuses.
10. Use keywords keywords in both your profile and your content, so that your information comes up in search engine results. This is a very powerful aspect of Linked In.
11. Always include your LinkedIn profile link on your other social networks like Twitter, Digg, and other social media websites.
12. Have a plan in place when you begin to build your network, otherwise you may end up getting some contacts you don’t want, and not enough of the ones you do.
13. Customize your public profile’s URL so it’s easier to link this to other pages. It also makes it easier for people to remember it.
These are only a few of the tips you can use to both build your profile and your traffic with LinkedIn.