59 Things About Me
Have to admit though, it really got started with a meme. I got so many memes that I wrote 100 things about me and “Presto! Meme central.” Sorted. It’s a very fine line between what’s up for personal consumption in a business blog. So I’ve tried to think of the most common questions one might ask in, say, a business-casual setting.
They’re in no particular order. And should you desire a more formal rendering of all about me, you can quite easily and comfortably retreat to the familiarity of my Bio on my website: Copywriting Studio.
1. I have something to say. This is my blog. Welcome.
2. My name’s Nicky Jameson.
3. I am a Brit.
4. I am a Londoner. Born in Essex. No EG jokes please.
5. I have a very dry sense of humour.
6. I get on very well with those who have a good sense of humour.
7. I’ve lived in Canada for seven years. My husband and I are an Internet Success Story. We met on Match Dot com on Canadian Thanksgiving ‘99.
8. I consider both London and Toronto my home. They are both cool.
9. I’m a Consultant, a Copywriter, Marketer, Professional and I love to blog.
10. I write and improve website content to drive sales.
11. I work with awesome clients who value my expertise.
12. I start my weekends with at least an hour of squash.
13. My background’s in Technology, Marketing and Strategic Copywriting.
14. I’m also a Project Manager. A Deadline Is A Deadline.
15. I’ve always been comfortable with techie stuff.
16. I once broke my computer keys playing Tetris.
17. I’m interested in Technology and Business.
18. I own several Moleskines. I carry one everywhere.
19. I laugh a lot. It’s a great stress reliever.
20. I enjoy helping businesses achieve their goals.
21. I’ve worked in real estate, publishing, software & finance.
22. I know Social Media has many opportunities for businesses
23. I am an avid compulsive list-maker.
24. I use Facebook more than email to keep up with friends.
25. I said I’d never join Facebook. I did, but it’s personal.
26. I said I’d never blog… clearly, saying “never” hasn’t worked for me.
27. I understand why businesses hesitate to try Social Media – they shouldn’t.
28. I help businesses understand how Social Media can enable them.
29. I think Businesses should test the Social Media waters.
30. I’m sharing thoughts on this blog – join in.
31. I know my experience as a marketer gives me an edge.
32. I’ve worked in large and small companies..
33. I enjoy Modern Jive dancing.
34. I find Twitter great for discovery and searching.
35. I got interested in Copywriting after reading a book by Michael Masterton.
36. I believe copy makes or breaks an offer.
37. I speak French. And rusty Portuguese.
38. I am candid and independent minded.
39. I start my day with Earl Grey tea and toast.
40. I’ve ventured into css because I’m using Thesis.
41. I run two blogs. See point 26.
42. I’ve been a blogger for about three years.
43. I blog with Wordpress. Nothing else comes close.
44. My most essential Wordpress plugin is Akismet. Spam death.
45. I’ve played in a Squash House League for 6 years.
46. I rollerblade and cycle.
47. I enjoy playing poker.
48. I like Texas Hold ‘Em, and Omaha Hi-Lo.
49. I love films (that’s movies to my North American friends).
51. I rarely watch TV. We have enough DVDs to rival a small store.
52. I am very interested in personal development and self-improvement.
53. I’m a photography enthusiast. See some of my photos on my blog.
54. I currently use a Nikon D80 and a Canon Powershot SD630.
55. My hubs and I don’t have kids. Our choice. And not up for discussion.
56. I love traveling.
57. I believe your thoughts make your reality.
58. I believe attitude is the biggest factor in business success.
59. I’m impressed you’ve read these 59 things about me.