Nicky Jameson, Fine Art Photographer, Photo Artist
If you appreciate art and collecting art you love, surrounding yourself with art and allowing it inspire you, if you love to find one-of-a kind original artwork that sparks the nostalgia, experiences and memories that are important to you – then this is the place to start.
Art is Connection. Cherish the Experience.
Art relaxes you, helps you reflect, makes you happier and healthier. Somehow, art does that. It’s time to celebrate the emotion and magic of nostalgia and remember to cherish your experiences.
My name is Nicky Jameson and my mission is to connect the nostalgia of the past with the power and possibilities of the present.
As a British artist based in Toronto my work reflects places stories and memories inspired by my hometown of London, Great Britain where I grew up as well as the beautiful city of Toronto Canada. Collectors of my work almost always have some connection with London, Great Britain, Toronto and Canada (lived there, grew up there, visited, got married or went to school there, have family there, have family from there, want to visit… or they simply love the history and landmarks of Great Britain and passionate about all things British Isles. Same goes for Toronto. We share a connection to Place. It’s all about connection, whatever that connection happens to be.
So please enjoy the blog and:
- Engage with my stories, experiences from my life, feelings and emotions, drawn from the new worlds and compositions I create in making the invisible visible
- Find points of connection with places, remember and value moments and experiences that matter to you
- Improve your powers of perception…look closer, take your time…
- Sharing what we have in common, it becomes part of a bigger story connecting us all…
- Celebrate the value of the ordinary and familiar…
- Enjoy some new experiences
Artistic Grunge, Life and Nostalgia
I use an approach in my work called “artistic grunge” which frees me to portray the nostalgia, emotion, gritty imperfections and hidden gems of life, and push beyond the bounds of photography. I begin with my own photography, thinking on the story, idea or emotion I want to express. Then I build up backgrounds, layer photographs and pieces of photographs, weave in mixed media, colour, moods, textures, brushing in light, vintage and other elements, splashes and more, creating multiple layers to form an intricate one-of-a-kind artwork composition.
Sometimes the direction of the art isn’t revealed until I get on the canvas. Sometimes an idea is triggered by an event. Often it’s pure emotions. Or I’ll sketch ideas and thoughts for an art composition in my journal. One thing is certain though: each artwork composition is unique and represents unique nostalgic moments in time and place.
Support local artists
- Browse my online art gallery
- Join my monthly art newsletter keep up to date on what’s new and get a “thank you” from me for joining up.
- Purchase a print
I’m a British Photo Artist based in Toronto. I frequently travel to her hometown of London to re-engage myself photographing material for my ever-evolving and passionate London and Great Britain stories. In Toronto I expand on my Urban Tales of Toronto’s Downtown and quintessential local neighbourhoods. The photograph is merely the beginning of my larger photo-artistic creations. My photography and photoartistry is also available for purchase at the Toronto Artisan collective at the Arts Market Leslieville, 1114 Queen St East, Toronto, and at London Calling Home, English Home Decor, 239 Parliament Street, Cabbagetown, Toronto.
My photograph, “Winter on Toronto Waterfront at Bathurst Quay” was one of 50 finalists in the 2014 Toronto My Waterfront Photography Contest, run by the Toronto Waterfront Business Improvement Association. It’s currently on exhibit along the Toronto Waterfront until 2017. I’ve exhibited locally in Toronto, holding my first Fine Art Photography show at the Carlton Cinema Toronto. I write a monthly newsletter to share my latest work, stories and events.
Call Nicky at 416 500 3314 or email nicky[at}nickyjameson.com.
Online and local
- Buy local, support local artisans – you’ll find my Toronto art photography at my Art Gallery at the Art’s Market Leslieville , 1114 Queen Street East, Toronto
- Here’s my online Portfolio
- Buy art prints at my online Gallery
- Sign up for my monthly newsletter where I share what I am up to as well as specials for subscribers
- Know of a local neighbourhood that’s under appreciated and you’d love to see artistically profiled? Drop me a line.
- Follow, tweet, like or +1 me on Twitter , Instagram , Google Plus or Facebook
Finalist Winner: My Toronto Waterfront Photography Contest 2014
My wining photograph, “Winter on Toronto Waterfront at Bathurst Quay” will be on exhibit along Queen’s Quay from Yonge Street to Bathurst St from September 4 2015 to September 2017!! Read the News Release
June and July 2015 – Carlton Cinema, 20 Carlton St, Toronto, First Solo Fine Art Photography show
June and July 2016 – Rainbow Cinema, Market Square, Toronto
They are all non-profit and all greatly appreciate any support. Please visit their sites to learn more and share their wonderful work.